CHEC Guidelines for Activities
Boy, we love kids in CHEC. But, we know that when you have a bunch of them together, chaos can happen quickly without a good previous understanding on a few things. If we all understand and abide by these few rules, we will honor the Lord and each other to the best of our ability. These guidelines apply to ALL CHEC activities including those where only adult members are present.
- To attend a CHEC activity with your family or extended family, you must be a member.
- CHEC and the members within will not be responsible for any accidents, losses or injuries occurred while traveling to and from any official CHEC activity.
- Families must adhere to any specific guidelines given for a specific event or activity. (i.e. for Field Days, children cannot be dropped off).
- If you sign up for an event, but are unable to attend, you must inform the coordinator of the event as soon as possible of your intended absence. Some activities will be limited in number. Your uninformed absence may deprive others of the opportunity to attend the event. Please only sign up for activities with the full intention to attend.
- Our goal is to represent ALL homeschoolers favorably. Therefore, please observe the following:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled event.
- Keep children under control. No hitting, shouting, offensive language or name-calling. If you need to discipline a child, please do so in private.
- Please dress appropriately. No short shorts, or shirts with offensive messages, immodest clothing (mini skirts, midriffs showing, tank tops, etc.).
- No smoking. No tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs.
- If a waiver form/signature page/approval form is required, PLEASE complete the form and either mail prior to the field trip or bring to the field trip with you.